License and Teach
the MPR Course Curriculum
A Unique Classroom Experience
The Making Prayer Real Course offers an innovative, spiritual dynamics approach to learning prayer and liturgy. Outstanding teachers are brought into the classroom via video, beginning a conversation that challenges students and draws them into dialogue with prayer, the Siddur, and each other. Skills are emphasized before theology as a workshop atmosphere is cultivated. As students explore numerous traditional and alternative prayer practices, they discover their preferences and abilities, crafting their own relationship to Jewish prayer as individuals and as members of the community.
License and Teach
The MPR Course Curriculum may be licensed for exclusive use in your synagogue, school, community center or other institution. The curriculum includes:
- Lesson plans with innovative ideas and tested methodologies.
- Traditional and alternative prayer practices.
- Video montages featuring outstanding teachers of Jewish spirituality.
- A video message to teachers from Rabbi Mike Comins on each lesson with general background and pedagogic advice.
- "Conversations" videos for community programming outside of a class on prayer.
The Syllabus and Sample Videos page contains the MPR Course outline and examples of the MPR Videos.
See the Course Modules page for information on the session subjects, video topics and video contributors.
Rabbi Mike Comins shares the history of the project and explains the logistics of teaching the course on the MPR Story and FAQs page.
Learn more about the innovative, MPR approach to teaching and learning prayer on the Pedagogic Strategies page.
Connect with colleagues who have taught the MPR Course Curriculum on the Teachers’ Report and References page.